Welcome to Year 6
Teaching staff : Mr Charlton (KS2 Phase Leader), Miss Bowes and Mrs Naile (Assistant Head)
Support staff: Mr Gray
This term, Year 6 have been on an intrepid learning adventure to reach their peak performance and have navigated a rocky terrain to achieve a mountainous amount of learning!!
King of the Cloud Forests
Our text for the beginning of the Autumn term has taken us on the most amazing journey from China, through Tibet, onto Nepal, India and finally England. There have been highs and lows and we have experienced them all along the way. A journey through the Himalayas provided the perfect setting to support our learning in geography, music and art.
Virtual visit from Katherine Rundell!
Year 6 children recently enjoyed a virtual visit from children’s author Katherine Rundell. She told us all about her books, how she became a writer and gave us some top tips. It was such an inspirational event!
Below are Long, Medium Term Plans and Parental Overviews which are followed closely by class teachers. Skills and Knowledge for each subject have been planned carefully by subject leaders for progression across the school.
We are constantly improving the curriculum to match the needs of the children in each year group so some plans may be subject to change.
- Autumn overview for parents 2019-2020
- Long term plan curriculum Y6
- Long term plan English Y6
- Long term plan maths Y6
- Medium Term English Plan Y6
- Medium Term Plan maths Y6 Autumn
- Medium Term Planning curriculum subjects Y6 Aut 1
- Medium Term Planning curriculum subjects Y6 Aut 2
- Medium Term Planning curriculum subjects Y6 Spr 1
- Medium Term Planning curriculum subjects Y6 Spr 2
- Spring overview for parents Y6 2019-2020
- Year 6 Maths Medium Term Plan Spring