Welcome to Year 6
Teaching staff : Mr Charlton (KS2 Phase Leader), Miss Bowes and Mrs Naile (Assistant Head)
Support staff: Mr Gray
This term we have been studying Clockwork by Phillip Pullman. It is a very dark and mysterious novel set in Germany. It ticks along and the strands all tie together with more than a few tense and suspenseful moments along the way. From the story we have written a diary entry, had a big debate and discussion about the demise of one of the main characters and stepped into the shoes of another character who had a huge decision to make.
Evolution and Inheritance
Year 6 children have enjoyed their science topic of evolution and inheritance. We have journeyed back in time millions of years and the children have found out why fossils are so important to give scientists a window into the past. We even made our own fossils. To end the unit we ‘interviewed’ Charles Darwin about his groundbreaking findings.
Below are Long, Medium Term Plans and Parental Overviews which are followed closely by class teachers. Skills and Knowledge for each subject have been planned carefully by subject leaders for progression across the school.
We are constantly improving the curriculum to match the needs of the children in each year group so some plans may be subject to change.
- Autumn overview for parents Y6 2020-2021
- Long term plan curriculum Y6
- Long term plan English Y6
- Long term plan maths Y6
- Medium Term English Plan Y6
- Medium Term Plan maths Y6 Autumn
- Medium Term Planning curriculum subjects Y6 Aut 1
- Medium Term Planning curriculum subjects Y6 Aut 2
- Medium Term Planning curriculum subjects Y6 Spr 1
- Medium Term Planning curriculum subjects Y6 Spr 2
- Spring overview for parents Y6 2019-2020
- Year 6 Maths Medium Term Plan Spring