“From tiny seeds beautiful minds blossom and grow”
We aim to support and encourage children to be resilient, confident and self-motivated individuals who thrive in this caring and inspiring environment and will be ready to embrace every opportunity within the next stage of their learning journey.
- Everyone working together
- How to think not what to think
- Proud to be lifelong learners
- Aspire and fulfil your dreams.
- The curriculum at East Herrington is designed to provide a broad and balanced education that meets the needs of all pupils and gives them the skills, knowledge and understanding to prepare them for their future lives.
- It ensures that academic success, creativity and problem solving, reliability, responsibility and resilience, as well as physical development, well-being and mental health are key elements that support the development of the whole child and promote a positive attitude to learning.
- It is designed to enhance the education of children from our school community while supporting their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Our Curriculum Intent
As a school we base our learning on a broad and balanced curriculum and strive to deliver a wide and varied learning experience building upon knowledge, understanding and developing skills. We are fully committed to developing each child’s unique potential within a secure and caring environment. We use a range of sources to meet the needs of the curriculum and provide an exciting and enlightening learning experience for our children, using opportunities in our local area. We believe that our children should not only reach their best academically, but also develop a thirst for knowledge, foster a love of learning and leave our school with independent learning skills. The children of East Herrington Primary Academy are happy learners who work hard to reach the challenges set by their teachers. Excellent teaching and learning give children opportunities to be successful in a creative, safe, calm environment where classrooms and other learning spaces promote creativity and high aspirations. This fulfills our mission statement “From tiny seeds beautiful minds blossom and grow.”
Our Curriculum Implementation
The curriculum consists of many planned experiences in school and out: lessons, themed days or weeks, assemblies, clubs, sports, extra-curricular music, trips and visits, workshops, residential visits, fund raising, school council, family learning and community work. Outcomes may be designed to meet the requirements of the new National Curriculum but also to develop the skills needed for learning and for life.
Our broad and balanced curriculum is designed so that the subject specific skills and knowledge are scaffolded within a cross-curricular theme or context each term and where possible cross curricular links are made.
Subject leaders have produced skills and knowledge documents for their subjects and year teams have matched these within the topics they are covering making curriculum links where appropriate and meaningful.
For more information on the National Curriculum please follow this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/national-curriculum